1971 bus steering lock removal / No keys

I just acquired a 1971 bus without any keys. I cannot turn the steering wheel. I need info on how to remove steering lock and remove key cylinders to rekey. Also the ignition electrical switch was remove from under the column and has shattered to several pieces. Does any one have any usable parts for replacement? Also where do I find the FAQ for this group? Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Fisher

I think this procedure applies to your Bus:

But first, take a door lock handle off (2 screws behind rubber seal) and take the lock to a locksmith. The resulting key should fit the Ignition as well.

The electrical switch part is readily available from many parts suppliers.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

"Fisher" wrote

Scott H