1977 beetle seats - is it safe to remove the headrest

Hi guys

I am just about to confirm an order with JBugs for some seat upholstery and thought I would ask the question. I have the 1977 seats with seperate headrest and was contemplating taking off the headrest to go for the low back look (also saves $50). Is this safe to do and when the seat upholstery arrives will it have holes in the top and look silly? Thanks Jess x

Reply to
Jessdownunder

It is absolutely 100% safe and when you get hit from behind your neck will not snap.

--

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Mmmm, thanks (I think) Speedy. Had just seen a suggestion on another site. Have decided safety comes first too

Reply to
Jessdownunder

it's safe until you get rear ended. I was in an 86 chevy station wagon, with a headrest, when i was struck from behind. The results were a totalled car, and a herniated disc in my neck. NOT fun. I can't imagine what would have happened without the headrest.

Reply to
masqqqqqqq