2 L GEX?

Is it likely one of these exchange engines could burn a valve on first startup after setting up a couple of years? It has only about 5000 miles on it and was running great before.

TIA

bobby

Reply to
Bob Johnson

Probably came with burned valves...

RT

Reply to
Raymond Lowe

Unfortunately with GEX, yes..................they are the absolute worst.

Reply to
Vanagon Man

Inconsistent quality. Average leaning heavily towards the poor end of the scale. Ocvcvasionaly you get a decent one I think. But it's a gamble I'd rather pass.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I'm not defending GEX, but this could have happened beause of improperly adjusted valves,this is the cause of many premature vw engine failures so remember change the oil and have your valves adjusted EVERY 3000 miles no matter what and you will see many more miles on your engine,and I'm talking from experience I've been working on and owning vw's for the last

35 years.If you need repairs or a rebuilt engine look for someone local who specializes in vw's you might pay a bit more but usually end up happy when all is said,ken
Reply to
circles34