2003 Passat GLS and gas grade question

Hi.

Does anyone know if Regular gasoline Can be used?

I've tried both Plus and Premium grade gasolines and found that while Plus works fine, Premium Does make the engine run smoother and quicker.

Price for Premium grade gas in New England is still around $1.79/gallon.

Is it worth just using Plus grade gas then flushing out the system with Premium grade gas once a month??

Thanks.

Mz

Reply to
Mz

For WATERCOOLED VW's I recommed Bolivain rat piss.

Try rec.autos.makers.vw.WATERcooled instead

-ANT

Reply to
ANT

Mz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hi.

Use regular. I've seen the tanker pull in and asked the gas station guy what grade was being unloaded. He said it all went into the same place. But that was at No Name Gas at the Fresh Pond rotary. Do you think the same tanker might have been headed for an Exxon station?

That said, the feds require different formulations for city and country. Country runs better, and now that it's winter don't forget the dry gas.

Reply to
cloud8

Missed it by a mile Bill

When telling that urban legend you were suppose to prove your knowledge by telling him how he should use jet fuel ... In your defense you got the different parts of the country get different additives part right ......

Even if he drives a water cooled , no sense feeding that line of bull crap :o)

Sidewinder

Reply to
sidewinder