284f cam recamendations

hey guys, back form school for bit and thinkin of throwing a new engine together for my bus. Now my question is im a stock 1600 guy (aka thats all i have built) now I have this 284F cam (duration is 284*. int. & exh. @ .050" is 244*, lobe center is 108*. valve lift is .429" ) laying around and because Ive never used anything other than a stock cam, what kind of application this cam would work well in? How terrible will my idle be if I jsut throw it in a 1600 set up, with possibly 1:25 rockers at some point? Just curious, cause if I can squeeze some more perf. out of a 1600 with it, my bus needs all it can get ;-)

Pete

P.S also would duel carbs work better in an perf. cam app. cause I have two sets layin about also, thnx

Reply to
Xyclone

That is one radical cam. You will lose *all* bottom end and stock heads won't flow nearly enough air to allow it to work on the end of the power band it was designed for. For an otherwise stock 1600, I wouldn't install a cam with more than 240 degrees duration at .050 lift.

Reply to
Charlie Wilson

thats all i wanted to know ;-) thnx

Reply to
Xyclone

Reply to
Ilambert

yeah i dont even remeber where i got the cam, just wonderin what to do with the thing ;-)

other"experts"

Reply to
Xyclone