2nd Gear probs

Hi y'all,

Thanks for all the help on my carb probs on my 70 sp. I have now developed another strange problem. Without any grinding, groaning, or anyother warning signs, 2nd gear acts just like neutral. 1st, 3rd, 4th and rev are just fine. Fluid is fine, and replaced clutch 6mos ago.

I was driving along just fine, went to downshift and.. NOTHING ! Is there an adjustment that I am missing or do I now have to save my pennies for a new tranny ?

Thanks again.

Trey.

Reply to
Zadamax

happened to me a few years back, was told by ANT that my trans was most likely sick. sorry to say i had to replace it. David

Zadamax wrote:

Reply to
David

Thanks David for the reply,

With a buddy in the back seat playing with the linkage, I can

*sometimes* get it into 2nd. But as I have yet to find any sort of adjustment, I am on the quest for a used or rebuilt transaxle. Thanks again,

Trey.

Reply to
trey