34 pict 3 Carb clean/rebuild question

I am cleaning/rebuilding my carb and looking straight down into the float chamber I can see what looks like a jet. This is above the main jet which comes in below it from the left.

I have blown the main jet out with compressed air but this one is either blocked or never had a hole in it. It just looks like the main jet but the hole in the middle doesn't go straight through.

Does anyone know if this should have a hole and if so how do I clean it if compressed air (canned air) & carb cleaner doesn't work. I have not tried sticking anything in it for fear of damaging it.

The carb is a Bocar and has 1988 stamped on it.

thanks for any advice

Will

Reply to
will

Can't quite picture it, but that must be the inlet for the accelerator pump. There is a tiny ball check valve immediately after the inlet which blocks it.

The accel pump passages rarely need cleaning, so I would leave it alone.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I went and dug up one of my 'junker' carbs and I see what you are talking about. It's part of the accelerator pump circuit, and from that angle the drilling is blocked by a pressed-in plug. Don't worry about it being blocked, it's supposed to be.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

I don't think it is part of the pump circuit, its in the same section as the main jet in the middle, not on the side of the chamber where the pump comes in.

I have a photo I intended to attach but can't find how to?

Will

Reply to
will

Will, this is a text only group(no binaries)...any photos should be uploaded to a website and then put a link here for all to see...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani