36hp and the EMPI/J.C. Whitney Filter Pump

To all:

Wondering if any of you have any suggestions. I decided to mount a filter pump on my 60 Type 1 which has the originoal 36 hp engine. I read through all of Hoover's sermons on the issue and decided to give it a try. Bottom line as I see it there is no possible way to mount that filter pump on a 36 hp without doing the rediculous... cutting away some of the tinware for the L/S cooling air exhaust duct (no way). The ad states that the pump fits 53 to 71 Type 1s which is entirely incorrect. Do any of you have any suggestions or experience with this thing and the 36? Would appreciate comments. Right now, it looks like if I want oil filtering, it will have to be a remote setup (don't want to do it).

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
tom meara

Braukuche

How valuable? I have one complete, including tin for sale...

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

The engine are easy enough to find and don't fetch much money. Just check the Samba ads. What is hard to get is parts, especially oversize bearings.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

................With free shipping?