66 Bus Dead or Alive

On Monday I drove my 66 13 window to work (35 mile highway) it was cool in going to work but 95deg on the way home. So I spun a bearing or something, it really sounded bad, this was only the original motor with 91,000 on it so I cant complain to much it had a good life. Now it get to do a complete rebuild. But in the mean time I took my 1641cc with dual Webbers that I had sitting around and switched it out. I cant believe the difference, a bus with power! I finished it up today and took it out and I could actually pass other cars on the highway, I might not ever go back with the stock motor in this bone stock bus. I will have to say it turns heads with that big stinger hanging out the back screaming down the road. This little project has really been allot of fun and now my brother wants me to turbo it. I did this to my

64 bug, but I think I will let this one go this time. (maybe later)
Reply to
<abadgett

[...]

Sorry about the copies E-Mail acting up.

Reply to
<abadgett

Lauren, this is my 23 Y/O son with the flock of VW's.He has the 66 bus, the green 64 drag/street bug, a bahama blue 63 vert,and a Herbie look alike.He is married. .

Freddy

snipped-for-privacy@earthl>

Reply to
Freddy Badgett