67 jerks in 4th... carb or fuel filter???

Can anyone out there tell me what my problem is? thought had some bad gas... ran it all out. fille it up and put in some chevron techron fuel system cleaner. result: not jerking so much in 1-3 gear but jerks real bad in 4th gear... feels like it's going to lose the engine.

in advance, thanks for your insights.

Reply to
veeDub

Clean the carb... maybe dirt in the idle jet

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Check your forward tranny mount.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
veeduber

If you have a "clear" empi dist cap, get rid of it. I had that problem when I installed one of those pos's. I don' tknow what I was thinking... I was trying to diagnose a spark issue and it was all I had to test with... it was a horrible little thing. I smashed it with a hammer afterwards.

Reply to
vic20owner

I had a similar problem that took me a month of Sundays to track down. Well , give up.... It could be almost anything but in my case it was a loose coil wire. It just sounds to simple but i went around the entire engine without finding the problem. My local mech found it in a 2 min. test drive. Let someone with some hands-on take a look.

Reply to
evanevans