71 bus wing windows--->no-wing windows?

Hi, thanks in advance for any advice, here's my question:

I have a 71 Type II that has vent (wing) windows on all the rear glass. Kind of handy, but noone ever rides back there anyway and the rubber on the windows is shot and leaking. Can these window assemblies be replaced with solid glass from the model that doesn't have wing windows? Is the window frame the same size in other words?

Thanks!

Reply to
Stag

yes the windows with out vents will fit .

Reply to
Kafertoys

"Stag" wrote in news:1142711556.889515.81070 @g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

It's been a few years since I did all my measuring and sampling (and only wrote the stuff down on scraps of paper or the palm of my hand!) but I think the body cutouts are the same for all the bay window buses, so anything you see on another late bus should fit yours. Measure and compare before spending $$ cuz I'm not going to accept the bill!

Reply to
Busahaulic

If its factory windows, then all fine. If you have the opening window assemblies & they haven't rusted at the bottom pivot, send them to me in UK !

James

Reply to
Juper Wort