71 SB door windows sticking

My 71 SB door windows are very difficult to roll down/up. Also the passenger door lock doesn't work quite right. I suspect rust is the culprit since the window rubber squeegees (sp?) are cracked due to age and weather. I need to know what kind of plastic to use to replace the plastic that separates the inside of the door from the door panel... And what is the best method to keep it sticking there, double stick tape? Also, will it just require some kind of lubrication on the cables rollers in order to get the windows to roll up and down smoothly?

How big of a job is this? I thought I read in some VW mag that replacing those window squeegees was a big job requiring someone with 4 arms/hands... Dr Octopus, where are you?!?

Thanks for any info/tips/hints!!

AJ

Reply to
AJ Fisher

I replaced all the rubber and I haven't 4 arms/hands and I'm not a Super (the car is). Take note of the order you remove the parts and where the screws go. There are a few hidden screws. I do think that a normal plastic will work with patex glue.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Thanks!

I will pop off the inside door panels and get to it!

AJ

Reply to
AJ Fisher