72 super..new glovebox, what does cable rivet to?

Hello,

I replaced my broken glovebox today. Easily riveted hood release handle to the new glove box, but noticed on the cable, about 3" back from where the handle rivets to the glove box is a clamp looking thing with two old rivets in it. What did that rivet to?

If anyone has a stock glovebox out there and can take a look, Thanks!

Reply to
Vanagon Man

"Vanagon Man" wrote

The clamp also rivets to the glove box.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Thanks. I will just drill a couple holes and mount er up!

Reply to
Vanagon Man