72 Super "shimmy"

Been working on my daughter's 72 Super - took it up for safety inspection/license and it passed (plus having it on the lift, got to make sure all was ok underneath).

On the way home, was slowing down from 60 to 0...around 40-45 the front started to shake (kinda more than I would like) - but I couldn't reproduce it later. The off ramp that it did it on was a bit uneven and curved some (not sure if that made a difference). The next few times - no shakes. All suspension is tight, steering is good.

I've read some Supers shake in the front, but can't remember why. Insights?

As always, thanks for any info...

Mitch :)

Reply to
Barnhart Pinball

wheel balancing cured mine - all else was good and tight.

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

My 71 was doing the same thing. Only shook sometimes, and I would have to slow right down and then take off again. So bad I was sure it was suspension and my fillings would fall out, but a wheel balance and alignment fixed the prob. Think it was the balance that fixed it actually. I had put mags on it, which were smaller than the stock wheels. Andrew

Reply to
scream