73' super losing speed at about 65

Three times on my way into work wheneve rI got between 65 nad 70 miles per hour my car would buck a little then I would lose speed till I was knocked down to about 45 mph then I would pick back up agian. I was wondering if anybody had anygood starting points to try to track down this problem.

Reply to
Iamraley

start going through the fuel delivery system.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Thanks my first thought was to replace, the fuel filter. It looks a little dingy but I was running late so I knew it would have to wait. I great way to start off friday the 13th ;)

Reply to
Iamraley

'73 Super may have a filter under the tank.

Also, try a run with the filler cap loosened. If that fixes it, the tank is not venting. Your tank doesn't have the mesh screen in the outlet, but crap could be accumulating at the outlet pipe.

You could make a flow test. Pull the fuel line off the pump inlet and run the hose into a gas can. Watch the flow for

30 seconds or so. Jack car up if needed.

Speedy Jim

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!" Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Reply to
Speedy Jim