73 VW Thing 3rd and 4th gear problems

I replaced my clutch last summer along with the rear main seal and I still have hesitation when going to into 3rd and 4th gear. It feels like it is trying to grab then it goes. Is my transmission bad? Thanks, Patrick

Reply to
baru88

Try this test first:

Engine idling. Clutch to floor. Very, very slowly engage Reverse.

Does it grind at all? If so, the clutch is not fully dis-engaging.

If not that, changing to synthetic gear lube *may* help.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim