74 hood on 71

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:12:39 -0400, "Ben Boyle" ran around screaming and yelling:

i get accused of being arguementative....but lauren can out "argue" me... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

you know it ;-)

Reply to
VWGirl

I still stand by it until proven otherwise... i would like to see a factory made unaltered hood for a 1303 that had a place for the logo. then i will gladly step down from the pedastal...

Reply to
VWGirl

On 30 Apr 2004 13:07:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Ted)

Odd. I have a '72 sedan and it has the VW hood badge. Paint matches. Seems stock to me.

Reply to
jjs
72 model year had them... it was deleted on all beetles begining 73 model year

Reply to
VWGirl

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:12:21 -0400, "VWGirl" ran around screaming and yelling:

i've never seen a heb in person...BUT.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:45:37 -0400, "VWGirl" ran around screaming and yelling:

but why should someone have to prove you are wrong when you never offered anything but "i have never seen" and "i think" as the basis of your "facts"?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Joey Tribiani wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah. I'd never seen Rusty Wallace win a NASCAR race until the other weekend, but damned if he didn't do it then. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

On 1 May 2004 10:42:36 GMT, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

sure did....for the 55th time in his career...if you are a fan long enough you might see dale jarrett do something other than cool commercials..... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 1 May 2004 00:13:20 -0400, "Ben Boyle" ran around screaming and yelling:

too far....if we play by Lauren's rules you must purchase one, and bring it to *me* so i can see it, then *I* must decide if it is real or not...heh JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Joey Tribiani wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I see him do something just about every week. Lose. *sniffle*

Reply to
Shaggie

On 1 May 2004 11:32:49 GMT, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

BUT...he is *very* good at it....at least he does it properly.. JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

i picture of a 1303 with a factory installed unmodified VW logo on the hood would be good enough... then i could argue it from there... besides... do you want him to send ABOUT 2 heb's to your house? what's that mean they are

2- heb's and if you put all the good parts together you'd get ABOUT 2 total cars???? how do you have about 2 cars? you either have 2 or you have a different number...

then again I have ABOUT half a beetle... that is... the shell of the car from the windsheild post forward... should I count that as ABOUT one car????

Reply to
VWGirl

Cause it doesnt exsist! the basis of most of my facts actually come from the guy that used to be my mechanic, who worked at a VW dealer for 30 years... AND a guy who runs a VW resto shop...

Maybe I can say that all VW's before 1950 came from the factory with flourescent pink paint... then have someone prove with documentation from VW prior to 1950 that this isnt the case?

geez... 1972 was the last model year they had the logos on the hoods... leave it at that.

Ben why dont you write to VW Trends and ask them where they got their info that 1975 was the last year...

Reply to
VWGirl

...............You should try my approach. Make her so mad that she goes nuts.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I don't remember you doing that.... what thread was it????

Reply to
VWGirl

On Sat, 1 May 2004 10:29:05 -0400, "VWGirl" ran around screaming and yelling:

Lauren, it is common practice to wait until at *least* noon to start drinking... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 1 May 2004 10:33:43 -0400, "VWGirl" ran around screaming and yelling:

they were deleted in 72 according to a book, they were no longer on the hoods begining in 75 according to a magazine, they were discontinued *after* the 72 model year according to you....i see three statements here....why would ONE be more valid than the others without further proof? why would someone take the word of an "enthusiast" (who thinks her old mechanic said such and such) over printed material?....personally i don't know exactly when they were discontinued, but i don't claim to know for "fact" either....

vw trends did not say 75 was the last year...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Oh, my bad... It's **ABOUT** noon....

Reply to