'74 Super Beetle Engine stops problem solved

Thanks to all you responded. My engine kept stopping at least once a day. I would drive 30 mph and the engine would just stop. I looked at the idle solenoid to make sure it wasn't loose - it wasn't- and I noticed that the quick connector of the idle solenoid was touching the quick connector from the long black wire off the distributor. Both quick connectors are insulated but the insulation was worn allowing the two to touch. I simply moved the quick connect from the distributor to another connector on the coil. The car has never stopped since I did this.

Thanks again

Reply to
warlock

LOL Good job. That's a tough one to find. Thanks for posting the outcome.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim