'74 super convertible battery

What size battery should I buy for my 1974 Super Bettle convertible? The one presently installed is too tall to install the back seat. Does the original have side terminals?

Thanks.

Reply to
Bob

Ben Boyle

It needs a group size 42 battery. I am trying to buy one for my bug, too. However, I am not pleased witht he low RC that most batteries offer. Someone suggested a group size 34 and supposedly this guy has it in his bug, but looking at the dimensions, I am not sure how he got it in. Posted a follow up message but have not received an answer.

Marco

Reply to
Marco

Thanks.

It seems Costco ("Kirkland Signature") doesn't sell a 42. I'll go to Walmart.

Reply to
Bob

They have changed battery sizes around in the last few years. My Corolla used to take a 22F, they don't make any such thing anymore. They tried to sell me a 75 but the terminals are in the wrong spot.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

Hi Bob,

it's the same manufacturer anyway. There are many different brands out there, but most of them are made by one of the three big manufacturers.

Reply to
Marco