74 super strut question

Hey all-

I've got one strut taken apart on my 74 super right now and cannot figure out where this "strut upper spacer" that I got from aircooled.net is supposed to go. The parts I have(in order of install) are the upper spring perch, the weird looking strut bearing, a metal dome that fits over the bearing, the upper strut mount with the rubber donut and the 3 studs for attaching the strut, and then a metal cap with 4 squarish protrusions. There's also what looks like a split nylon ring that fits between the upper mount and the metal cap, and a plastic cap that sits on top of everything to cover up the top of the strut.

The upper spacer is probably a half inch in diameter and 3/8 to 1/2 inch long. There is a piece that looks almost identical to it already installed in the strut bearing, but that piece will not pull out easily.

Anyone have any ideas or did I buy something I don't need?

Chris

Reply to
Hal

I threw away the spacer in mine. I could find NO way of fitting it. I suspect ( although may be wrong.) that there are different struts avaialble and that NOT all need the spacer?

Neil

p.s my car drives fine now, without the weird spacer

Reply to
Neil