'74 T1, Bad light switch?

All lights work on the bug, a '74 standard, except for the headlights. Turn signals also work.

When the light switch is on, my tester shows current on the gray wire and the yellow/black wire posts. Even with the light switch all the way out, I see no current on the white/black wire post.

To you electrical gurus, does this sound like a bad light switch?

Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry Johnson

Short answer: YES

To see why, look on my web site for: "Headlight dimmer relay circuit '71 thru '79."

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks. And nice material on your web site, thanks for taking the time to post that.

JJ

Reply to
Jerry Johnson