79 Kombi with a golf water cooled oil cooler

Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting a golf water cooled oil cooler to my 2.0 litre type 4, 1979 Kombi. The oil cooler fits to the excisting oil filter housing using a spacer and is pumped with a 1995 2.5 litre kombi electric heater water pump through a alfa romeo heater core situated facing downwards with a electric fan pushing air from the engine bay to outside. I am hoping that this will be the final modification to end my constant overheating problems. Has anyone any thoughts or know of simular modifications?

Tim (South Africa)

Reply to
TIMBO