800cc Chinese buggy... check this sucker out

worth a look

Reply to
Hopsterguy

Sweet.

3 cylinder,4-stroke,liquid cooling Displacement 796 (CC) Rated power 26.2/5500 (kw/r/min) Dry weight 430 (kg) That's about 35 HP? That thing weighs about 950 pounds. About .0368 HP/lb. Only ~7.5 " ground clearance. Would be better if it had a little better ground clearance and had a little better power/weight ratio. Like .05 (70/1400) or so. Plus would be cool if it was "street legal"... and air-cooled.... :-)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

Yeah, that's nothing (but it *is* cool). A friend of mine just put a 1000cc Kawasaki 4 cyl. on a Yamaha Banshee 4-wheeler frame. He says it's FUNNY!!! I'm thinking it's around 80-100 HP & what; 300 lbs.? I haven't ridden it yet but will soon... ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Reply to
ThaDriver

I wouldn't recommend buying any with an engine built in China. They motor products are junk at best. If it were built in Taiwan then it would be another story. The average quality of products from Taiwan is far superior than the same stuff from china.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

One of the companys I "work for" is the No1 distributor of Rhino Rally Karts, a locally branded Chinese sourced Kitset. They aren't the greatest built thing in the world (there are a few things to check before we sell them) But the engines are really good on this particular make. I was really surprised. The engine is a rip off of a Honda design with built in centrifugal clutch and CVT transmission. They go really well! The new 250cc water cooled should be good when it arrives later this week.

Allan :-) New Zealand

Reply to
Allan Williams

me and my roommate are building a kart with a 1100cc Honda goldwing motor. It's going to be a single seater. We expect to have some fun with it since it will still have a 5-speed tranny and be as lite as possible.

-Andrew

Reply to
andrew

motor products are junk at best. If it were built in Taiwan then it would be another story. The average quality of products from Taiwan is far superior than the same stuff from china.

********** That's pretty much true of anything made in china! Yet sometimes it's the only thing available here in the USA! This country has gone to hell. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

It's going to be a single seater. We expect to have some fun with it since it will still have a 5-speed tranny and be as lite as possible.

************ Always wanted to do that - use a bike engine with a trans on a go-cart. Be careful! ;^p ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Reply to
ThaDriver

I have been working on a couple projects regarding China for months and found it that some of their manufacturing efforts are moving forward with speed and quality that should scare anyone imagining to compete in certain markets. Consider this - the government is monolithic - it doesn't have to get a consensus in order to make decisions - so they consult with the best engineers in the world and just make it so by buying the best of the best manufacturing equipment and training. Whether one considers this good or bad is another thread.

An aside, the concrete never sets in some cities - they are building so fast that if you leave for six months chances are you won't recognize it when you come back. (We will have to wait to see how that works out in the long term.)

Reply to
jjs

I'd say the chinese engines are doing pretty well. True, they are choked back on performance... they are more concerned with fuel economy there. Adding peformance intake, exhaust and rejetting does wonders though!!! I've yet to have a failure or problem and I have 3 chinese engines.

has lots of info on these engines.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen Hopkins via CarKB.com