9 Prong Black box

Well mine is screwing up. working intermittenly, 68 bug, (early model from what i gather from my parts and chassis numbers) I know turn signals are supposed to work intermittenly, blink blink, but mine dies. I've seen the replacement for the black box in the catalogs, 50 bucks for a dampness magnet, resulting in explosion some dark stormy nite when the fire extinguisher has lost all its juice. My 4-ways haven't worked since about

1988, so how come you can't just wire around that mess and put in a late model 3 or 4 prong blinker for 4 bucks from NAPA??
Reply to
Cletus

...from a link on Speedy Jim's site:

Hope that helps!

Reply to
Bugzilla

Yes, as long you don't need the 4-way feature, get the NAPA special. Look on my web site for: 3-terminal 12V flasher, simplified wiring diagram.

The wires from the signal switch are: Common - Blk/Wh/Grn Left - Blk/Wh Right - Blk/Grn

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim