98 Jetta radio SAFE mode

I have a 98 Jetta GLX. Replaced the ignition switch. The radio comes on in SAFE mode, but does not go forward to display the number 1000 in order for me to enter my anit theft code. Is there some kind of trick to this? Should I try disconnecting radio fro the battery and re-connecting? I have the code, the radio just isn't bringing me to the next step. I've already spent a lot of money on the ignition and labor to install it. Don't want to spend any more money on a dealership. I might as well by a new radio if that's the case!!

Reply to
Kathleen

You must read the radio manual (RTFM). It must be explained how to enter the code. Usually we must use the station set numbers to enter the code.

This is a vw aircooled forum

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Read the manual. Then note the name of this group.

Reply to
Done