A/C for a type II

Help!

My wife really really wants a type II (probably 1970-1979), but here in northern CA it gets hot in the summer. I have seen a few references to aftermarket A/C units (DPD mostly), but I can't seem to find any kits, or units.

I've Googled every conceivable way I can come up with and nothing.

Any help out there? Plus I would really be interested in user opinions as well.

Thanks!

Reply to
Mr. Bill

While I have not seen the bay window kit installed, I have seen some of the other kits by this manufacturrer and they are very nice. I do not think you will find a better quality kits for a VW out there. These are made by Gilmore enterprises in florida, and sold here by John at aircooled.net. John has the added benefit of having great customer support.

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Gilmore does make some great kits (seen them, and have had discusions with them at the shows). There is someone selling NOS units in boxes on The Samba for around $450 too. Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro