A THUMPING

Help...What is it I hear coming from under the car or maybe from the rear area,...A THUMPING noise, when I go over bumps in the road......It seems fine on a smooth surface. It is a 73 bug.

I looked under the car the other day for a loose shock or something but found nothing..

This is driving me crazy....Thanks for your help..

Pete ôô

...check your front tranny mount.

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

IIRC Check the very rear body mounts. It should be accessible in the rear tire area and mounts the body to the rear suspension supports. A piece of hard rubber is usually keeping these pieces separated, but the rubber may be gone after just 31 years! lol

dave