Accelerator Cable

How hard is it to replace without taking the engine out??? about how long does it take???

Reply to
s_carp90

How hard is it to tell us what you have??

Reply to
Karl

I've never, on *any* vehicle, had to remove an engine to replace an accelerator cable.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You have obviously never worked on a Carpezi Svetlimeister Model III! ;)

It's very easy to do on a '70 bug.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Cecil

GOOD, lol, i put a new carb on mine vdub, and went to adjust the throttle, and... it SNAPPED i'm gonna be buying another one soon, thanks everyone

Reply to
s_carp90

Michael, you are absolutely correct..hehe..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Cecil

there are some caveats on how it attaches to the pedal...

Reply to
anton

First step of engine removal: disconnect throttle cable from linkage and pull through fan shroud.

Last step of engine installation: feed throttle cable through fan shroud sleeve and connect to linkage.

Why drop the engine? It will add an additional four hours to a procedure that should only take ten minutes :)

(I had to change one in a center turn lane of a five-lane-wide city street during rush hour. That replacement only took five minutes.)

Reply to
Kristopher Staller