Accelerator cable on trans, OK?

Found that my accelerator cable is sleeved until it goes on top of the transmission and then continues back to the fan shroud. On top of trans, it is the unsleeved bare cable. Is this going to cause premature fraying, or is this alright? If not, what have others done to prolong the life of the cable?

Please post to NG, TIA

Reply to
Emma Steed

"Emma Steed" wrote: > Found that my accelerator cable is sleeved until it goes on > top of the > transmission and then continues back to the fan shroud. On > top of trans, > it is the unsleeved bare cable. Is this going to cause > premature fraying, > or is this alright? If not, what have others done to prolong > the life of > the cable? > > Please post to NG, TIA

You really need to get the correct sleeve. It runs all the way from the conduit tube exit at the tunnel up to the fan shroud. Then there is a rigid steel tube that carries the cable thru the shroud.

Speedy Jim

SpeedyJim

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel