ACVW in the movies..........

I know one of you fellas out there watches for and captures and posts on a web page...............found a short shot of a Beetle that may have been missed...............The movie "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory " has a very short shot of one with no right rear fender, as Charlie is heading home with the newly found Golden Ticket.

Just adding to the collection..........................

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

"MUADIB®" wrote

Jim O'Malley's site,

He's got one shot listed for that movie already but not the one you mention:

I saw a commercial last night for a new Drew Barrymore movie .... `50 First Dates' is the name and a couple of the scenes showed her driving a yellow Thing.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

At Christmas, my mother and I cared for a friend with Down's Syndrome; I took her to see Haunted Mansion (oh joy). As I watched the first trailer, for what's-the-name 1980 hockey team movie, I thought that some ACVWs should be seen in it as they were still all over the place at that time. I then thought that people should use them in contemporary films just because they're so darned cool looking, but realized that's sdly not at all likely. I then saw a trailer for that awful new film sharing the name (it's no remake) of Cheaper By The Dozen, with Steve Martin standing in front of a Bay bus. I then saw Drew Barrymore driving the Thing. The only other trailer was for Peter Pan, so every car featured in a trailer was an ACVW!

I recently DL'd some Greatest American Hero episodes - I used to love that show and haven't seen it since it went off the air - and ACVWs are all over the place. One episode actually shows Ralph (said Hero) and Bill (his compatriot) riding in an alien-controlled split bus while Pam (Ralph's girlfriend/later wife) rides in her white convertible (featured throughout the series, as she's a full partner in the adventures) which is also controlled by aliens - two ACVWs playing a major role in the story.

Reply to
mez

lastnight on Adult swim they showed a dark red thing.....was kinda strange to see it on there....of course...they were making fun if it...

Nick

Reply to
Nein H20 VWs

On 19 Jan 2004 16:47:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Nein H20 VWs) ran around screaming and yelling:

i recently saw the pre-views for "Cheaper by the dozen" on tv...shows an orange baywindow.... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani