Adding delay to wipers

I wanted to add delay ("intermittent operation") to the Wonderbus's windshield wipers. The Wonderbus has a 12V system, with 2-speed wipers and dash-mounted switch. I purchased and assembled a Velleman wiper delay kit, soldered the bits onto the circuit board, and wired it in and Hey Presto! I now have three delay settings in addition to the original slow/fast settings.

I have posted two .pdf files (you'll need the free Adobe Reader software to view them) showing the stock wiper wiring, and the modified wiper wiring with details about the kit itself and how I mounted it at:

I can't confirm that it would work with other wiper wiring versions, but a glance at the three flavors of wiper wirings posted at Speedy Jim's website
suggests that this modification will work with the steering column-mounted 12V, 2-speed version without any modification. I reckon that it could be made to work with the 6V 1-speed version with a little rewiring, and replacing the 12V relays on the kit board with 6V ones.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Hi Mr.Rocket!

Not to be picky, rater curious whether it is the same brand, should it read: Welleman?

And a tip on PDF, I too thought it was a properitary Adobe standard, after entering the OSX world I learned it was not so!

All the best.

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

The website is

the assy manual says "Velleman," the board has "Velleman" printed on it . . . I could go on . . . but I reckon that it's Velleman.

Adobe created the Portable Document Format, and sells software to write in the format, and offers a free Reader software, but there are lots of free and Open Source pdf tools, too.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Thanks for the reply.

I have built quite a few kits in my younger days, and seemed to remember them as the German make Welleman, I'm quite sure you are correct Sir and it should therefore read Velleman..

Regarding Pdf I only learned that there where other programs available for the same format after swapping to OSX, never was a nerd or a hardcore computer user. Know enough these days to assemble them myself, not much more...

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Reply to