Ahhhhh...no!

So there I was watching the miniseries, "Oliver's Travels", thinking how nice the yellow T3 was which the main characters were driving around England with...when out of the blue, literally, it gets shot and blown up. What a waste. I wouldn't have minded if they used a bad looking CGI shot, really I wouldn't. *sigh*

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Yeah I hate it when that happens. Don't ever watch the Movie "The Longest Day" . They mess up a bunch of Kublewagens in a couple of scenes.

Wild Bill Pensacola, Fl

Wild Bill

Not that I have seen the movie(me thinks..), but I'm fairly certain they used either purpose builts or dressed up Type 181's.

J.

Ps. Is that an old classic movie? Must check IMDB.

Reply to
Berg

It was a mini-series I saw on PBS a few years ago. The squareback was a RHD model, but I didn't notice much else, besides the lack of rust and the otherwise good condition, about it since I'm no T3 expert.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

You mentioned Kübelwagens, aka Type 181 in civilian life.. Then you write squareback T3, now you got me confused.. Sorry.

J.

Reply to
Berg

The Kubels in The Longest Day (aka The Longest Movie to most wives) were most likely originals as the movie was made 15 years after the end of WW2 when they were plentiful. I do WW2 German reenacting and it is sad to see the number of Things that are being hacked upon to make completely wrong Kubels. I know of one group that has 4 and is looking for more. They'd be much better off finding an old Ford farm truck from the late 30s or early

40s that can be made to look correct. Andy 63 Caravelle Camper
Reply to
Andy

I will not argue you wrong, one thing to consider though is/was the total number produced compared to the Willys jeep. It was not that many left 15 years after the war. But then again, this is me speculating, and nothing more, since I was born way after WW2.

Jørn.

Reply to
Berg

Reply to
Andy

I was talking about Type 3s in my post, Bill talked about Kubels in his. I couldn't tell whether you were talking about Oliver's Travels or The Longest Day when you mentioned checking the IMDB though.

Oh well, we all agree it's a waste. Surely there are many, many Pintos in junk yards that can fulfill the exploding car needs of the cinema? ;)

Reply to
Michael Cecil