Air Cleaner Sensor

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a thermostatic sensor (possibly NOS) for the preheat door on a '72-'74 Type 1 oil bath air cleaner. It may also be the same part as the fuel injected version with the paper element. I don't happen to have the part number but I can post that later if it helps.

The one I have doesn't want to turn off the vacuum to the actuator at

90 degrees. I've seen the air get as high as 115 without it moving. I've tried cleaning and adjusting the ball seat on it but it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks,

CompWrench

Reply to
compwrench

try looking at classified on

-ant> Hi Folks,

Reply to
anton

That's where I got my air cleaner!! ;-) I'll look again, but I think most people are selling an entire air cleaner and not parts for it.

- CompWrench

ant> try looking at classified on

compwrench

I have one, but I don't know if it is any good. It is in a good aircleaner housing, but the flap door is bad(will not hold vacuum), which is why I didn't try to use it.

Anyway if you want to give this switch a try send me an email with your address and I'll pull it and drop it in the mail to you. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Chris

Reply to
halatos