air compressor

I have heard of compact air compressors that have the ability to blow up an air mattress in a matter of seconds, but I have never been able to find one. Is this ablity really possible and if so how can I go about getting one?

Reply to
amanda_du

.............Your post should have been marked OT in the subject header.

...........Those 12 volt inflatable mattress pumps are probably in the sporting goods section of Walmart or any other place that carries a lot of camping equipment. Boat dealers sometimes have them as well for use with those tubes that are towed on a ski rope.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

What does OT mean??????????

Roger

"Tim Rogers" schreef in bericht news:c0drv0$15pnbf$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-46866.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Bug59

Off Topic

Some time ago we agreed that it would be polite and considerate towards all readers to indicate a non-VW related post in the subject line, by adding OT: at the beginning. (LIke I just did). Makes it easier for people to focus on teh VW stuff. Some people are not happy to download messages that are of no interest to them. This practise makes life easier for all, less flames.

Many people will still read the OT posts. Your subject line was very good, tells exactly what the message is about. But it's still Off Topic as it has little to do with aircooled VW's. Well. In my opinion. You might disagree. But that's beside the point in this case, I just tried to answer your question and explain our use of "OT" :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

To put it partly on-topic, keep in mind that there's pumps that can fill a mattress fast, and there's high-pressure pumps that can pump up a tire in a reasonable time. You can't have both. For the mattress there are some plastic electric pumps in sporting good sections. I'd kinda recommend a tire pump and patience. :)

Reply to
jjs

"Off Topic" :) Welcome. No harm done.

-- jjs with a '58 Bug.

Reply to
jjs

I like the boogie boards you kneel on. The big inner tubes bounce too much and there's no control. But good for a shake and a whole lotta spray.

/me remembers the time visiting his grandparents during summer vacation at their place in Florida on lake Minnehaha

I'm too old now... where'd my youth go?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

For what it's worth:

To the left from here (but not shown) about 2 or 3 lots would be the where their home was. I remember that gazebo dock thing.

David Gravereaux

"David Gravereaux" wrote

Beautiful place. Did you do any bass fishing there?

I'd love to work a buzzbait down this bank right at daybreak:

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

The quickest thing I've used with an air mattress is a shop vac. They put out a large volume off air at just about the right pressure.

Reply to
1974 Std Sunbug

The lake did have fish. I never fished it, though. I was big into water skiing. I made friends with someone that had a ski nautique boat when I was down there for a couple weeks back in the early eighties. The first time he took me out, I did a dock start for slalom and either he just gunned it, or I had too much line slack... nearly ripped my arms off. Those boats have a tall wake compared to an outboard. I freaked when he took me over 40..

That lake is at the end of a chain all connected by canals you can take boats through. It's 9 lakes, but only 7 are accessible (but none when there's a drought). The big lake, lake maitland, is huge. The canals are a lot of fun. Who needs cars down there..

I have good memories of summer vacations in Florida when I was a kid :)

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Reply to
Shane

Something like this topic then...........?

Thanks, i didn't know But i'm a quick learner... :-)

Roger

"Jan Anderss>

Reply to
Bug59

Ok.. dealing with Air compressors.. but off topic from the previous posts....

If I were to buy a certain air compressor ... say a 5hp 6CFM C-H 25 gallon model.. or something like that ... and then at a later date connect another tank (tank only!) up with this one .. what will it do to the CFM rating ?

a) Wont effect the CFM rating at all b) Will increase the CFM rating c) Will decrease the CFM rating

.... Im speculating a) but Im not sure... anyone know?

Tanks! (hahahaha) Kevin.

Reply to
Kevin