air cooled VW shops on north/west side of LA?

can anyone recommend a good shop for service on my air cooled VW (bug)? looking for quality, reliability, and expertise... familiarity with older bugs a plus.

locations preferred: - Conejo Valley (Agoura, Calabassas, Westlake, ...) - Thousand Oaks - Simi Valley - San Fernando Valley - West side of LA (Santa Monica, Venice, Marina Del Rey, ...)

general mechanical work on a car used as transportation; possibly some modifications/upgrades that I'd prefer not to tackle myself.

I'm relatively new to the area and haven't found a shop to patronize...

thanks!

--steve

Reply to
The Andersons

The Andersons? Whee!

Howdy cousin ;)

Jan Andersson

Reply to
Jan Andersson

You might want to look up Bela's Foreign Car in Burbank, if you don't find anything closer. Bela has been at the ACVW game for many many years now. Sorry, don't have an addy or phone number, but I remember he isn't too far off the I-5....

Reply to
Kaferdave

I recomend that Steve Anderson guy. He may not be the most knowledgable or smart, but he does a damn site better job than the run of the mill over priced crack smokin "professional mechanics". $100 for books, $300 for tools, and you can fix anything but the transmission. And transmissions are only about $250 rebuilt.

Mike.

Reply to
Michael Kelly