aircooled.net?

How are these guys? I just looked at the web site and found a full flow oil kit for $106. I am sure that it is not the same quality as Geene Bergs but how is it, any one know?

Reply to
george taylor

Actually, Aircooled.net has a very good reputation around these parts. And John Connolly (a longtime ramvite himself) stands behind his stuff.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Agreed about John and aircooled.net. One of the good guys. When I got my '69 and had some questions, I emailed him at his tech advice address, and within hours had good, solid advice to get me headed in the right direction. No charge, No sales pitch. Just a willingness to help.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Can't speak to the kit, as I am deciding what to get myself, but Aircooled.net has fine customer service and good stuff. The owner, John Connolly, enjoys a pretty good reputation hereabouts.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

aircooled.net is awsome. John ALWAYS goes out of his way to make sure the customer is happy, and he goes to great lengths to make sure that the parts he sells are the best.

I will probably be ordering a lot of stuff from him soon for my "new" 63 bus.

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

Could it be better than Gene Berg's? Huh?

Reply to
jjs

Ask him, my bet is he'll give you an honest answer.

Mike in Tampa '74 Thing

Reply to
<scamutz

I've never been disappointed with the stuff I've bought from Aircooled.Net or John. He knows his VW stuff and gives considered answers to your questions. David Hahn, 1969 beetle

Reply to
C7eca

I have the Berg setup. The one at aircooled.net uses the same quality components. I prefer teflon-lined stainless lines and high-burst filters to go with these other items. That way you can forget about leaks and possibly blowing the filter apart on a cold morning.

RT

Reply to
Raymond Lowe

Have you tried the Blue Hose? I've had no problems with it and my oil pressure is pretty darned high.

Reply to
jjs

..................I don't keep track of my aircooled parts expenditures, but I'd bet that Aircooled.Net's owner John Connolly could send his kid to the fanciest private school in Salt Lake City for about a year with the money that I've sent to him during the past three(?) years. And I'm preparing to place another big order pretty soon. So yeah, I'd say that you can't go wrong with Aircooled.Net.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I have and it's a daunting figure. Has ac.net offered you any good customer discounts?

Reply to
jjs

I'm aware of it but I haven't used it.

In the industry it's called "push-loc" or "socketless" hose. Typical working pressures about 300psi with a 1000psi burst rating in the sizes we would typically need. While that sounds good, the problem is that some of these hose types are not designed/rated for the temperatures that hot oil can get to. Example; for Aeroquip 2556 and 2575 hose, it's maximum working limit is

212 degrees F and that's not good enough IMO. If you exceed it, the hose may soften and lose its "grip". Aeroquip does make one hose, p/n 2565 and that one's rated for 250 degrees F. It's the only one I would consider using.

RT

Reply to
Raymond Lowe

(We are talking about the Goodyear 'Blue Hose')

I don't know exactly which hose I am using. In fact, I have two different brands. I'd have to look at the numbers on the parts, but it's rated to

300psi and I run it in an engine that could hit 250 degrees. Now when you say "rated to", is that a conservative, possibly military rating or a realistic rating?
Reply to
jjs

Hoses are rated for working pressure and burst pressure. Burst on these hoses is way higher than working so it's very unlikely it will rupture. What I would be more concerned with is it's ability to grip the fitting after the maximum rated temperature is exceeded.

Goodyear Insta-grip 300 in blue is p/n 535-281 and it's maximum operating temperature is 190 degrees F. Above that, and it's anybodies guess what will happen to it's properties.

If you have the number from the hose, go to this link to get specs

RT

Reply to
Raymond Lowe

Super! I will save that reference and check the numbers.

I would think that if the hose were going to slip off the fitting it would have done so by now. I have to literally _slice_ the ends of the hose at the barb to get them off.

Reply to
jjs

..............Well.............John always answers my questions no matter how stupid they are which is more than any other vendor has ever done. That's enough of a perk for me. I sent an email to Gene Berg Inc. or whatever it is almost two years ago that was mostly just me wanting some tech. advice on an engine built completely with their parts that I was about to buy from the builder. I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

That is truly value. John's saved my butt at least once. I don't pester him with lots of questions because I'd probably max out the stupid meter. Besides, he's as much a crab as I am and we'd probably end up in some kind of dogfight.

Reply to
jjs

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

John and his aircooled net are beyond great. I emailed him a tech question about my break in oil color and he responded back in a matter of minutes.....He IS ONE of US.................Eric 62 Ghia cab with new ACnet engine..and 68 Bug cab

Reply to
Stutzsr