Ant - Monarch of Menace ??

Ramva is an unmoderated group, and Ant singlehandly has sent more that a few trolls and flamers running away with their tails between their legs crying for their mommy. Hopefully he will stick around. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Ant (on the right) looks a lot more conservative than I thought he would. Lets see how good my memory is. Ant, isn't that the show that you drove a 62 Single Cab to, that was leaking gas or something at the time. Just hope you did not light up a cig or fattie while driving. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

...............A fattie would've ignited those whiskers and created mayhem and carnage.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Yep, my old SC was a '62 IIRC and it sprang a fuel leak from around the filler neck as I never topped it off all the way before. We were about to go round and round that mountain and I didn't know how much gas I might use so I filled it up.

Also, the rusty floor that allowed the tank hold down straps to pull loose didn't help any! What a catastrophy. Eh, it wouldn't be a VW adventure without a little mayhem. I recall some youngster driving kinda stewpit and he lost the soda cooler off his roof rack because of his antics. Oopsie! Um, I meant to do that.

-ANT (the only thing I smoke are ricers)

Reply to
ANT

dang, the crossover is larger than I thought!

nate

(now the question is, what happens if I put that '57 Golden Hawk blower setup on my 914... LOL)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote

I know I'm picking nits here ... but ANT (all caps) is the Monarch of Menace and he's in Kally-forn-I-A, IIRC.

Ant, I believe, is in the Netherlands, correct?

Reply to
Scott H

Ant, I believe, is in the Netherlands, correct?

Oh did the king join his queen ? I heard Jan likes them hairy

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Hahahahahaha

Jan :)

Reply to
Jan

ANT wrote:

June Foray rocks! She also did voice work for Fractured Flickers, another fine Jay Ward production that had me and my brothers rolling on the floor when we were kids.

Me? I'm just some old guy in his 50's who has two teenage kids, is getting married (3rd time is the charm) to a wonderful woman and lives in Carlsbad, California. I am an electrical engineer by trade, my shoe size is 10-1/2 (European 44), my favorite color is orange and it has a good beat you can dance to it. Wait -- that's the answer to another question. Back to RAMVA stuff: my friend had a microbus when I was a teenager. We were never up to any good when we cruised around in it. A couple years later I had one of those pancake engine VWs with the sloping back -- I forget what they were called. My first wife blew up the engine, through no fault of her own (should have told her to check the oil). I've never been a auto mechanic, nor worked on cars, though I watched my father restore a couple of MG TD's. Now, through some circumstances, I am the proud owner of a 71 bus that the PO restored pretty good, the engine had 3,000 miles on it, but there are issues that need addressing, so I've bought some tools, and with the help of Inge, my attractive lab assistant (female, despite her name -- ever noticed how many women have taken men's names?) I have managed to break more parts than I've repaired, and spent more money than I expected. These are cheerfully primitive cars, so a fellow like me has at least a fighting chance to work on them. To that end, because I have zero mechanical experience, I have been pestering the good folk of RAMVA with questions, questions, questions. Generally speaking, the answers have been spot-on. The ones that have not been are generally because I did an unskillful job of phrasing the question.

We got this thing for $1900 -- do you know they go for about $6000 - $7000 around here? Jeepers.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

My error! ANT it is.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

June Foray was a real hottie in her day. So was Penny Singleton (RIP). When it comes to character or voice over actors I'm a groupie of the ultimate magnitude! Chuck McCann, then entire cast of the Animaniacs (Sheri Stoner is my future ex-wife), Bobby Van, and countless others I haven't mentioned all rule!

Other than a horrendously worded question, there's no such thing as a stupid one. It's worse NOT to ask it and to go ahead and screw something up IMHO. Helles belles, after over 25 years of turning wrenches and stomachs I'm the first to admit if I don't know something---to this day I still ask as well as refer to the shop manual (and it's cousin Jose).

-ANT

Reply to
ANT

Pleased to make your acquaintance, ANT.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

that the PO restored

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

LOL. That *was* one heck of a run-on sentence, wasn't it?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot