Any easy way to get the oil pickup out of the case?

I want to do some weird machining operations from the inside of the oil sump, and the pickup tube is in the way. Any way to get it out, and back in, without destroying something?

See what I'm up to here:

Ryan Young

...well it is simply a press fit, and in fact many of us have to deal with the unpleasantness of it coming loose of its own accord...thusly sucking air instead of oil =-/ I*'d try and tap it out...to re-install just put it back in place with apropriates sealer...Jake Raby has reccomended loctite 518...and it seems it would likely work well here, but "I" have always simple used JB Weld two part metal epoxy to permamently affix and seal it back in its place.

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian