Any "Gotchas" when removing a 71 T2 instrument panel?

Before I try to remove my 71 microbus's instrument panel using the procedure described in Bentley's service manual, are there any "gotchas" I should know about -- like, "watch out for the veeblefetzer spring -- it can shoot across the room"?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

I think it's the same as later ones - watch out for the metal clips that the screws are threaded into. You can reach around back and feel how they are positioned and you should be able to catch them! Watch where the ground wires are plugged into and the wires for the instrument lights / backlights on switches. There isn't much slack there. You know to disconnect speedo cable...

using the

any "gotchas"

veeblefetzer spring --

Reply to