Anyone Want to buy a VW FLAPS?

Here in Garland, Texas, for as long as I can remember, there has been a local business named Knight's Foreign Auto Parts. If you do a search you will probably find mention of it several times on this group as well as mention that the owner died some months back. His wife is now selling the business. Right now it is closed. Coldwell Banker is the realtor, if the sign in front is to be believed.

This store has been selling to the ACVW community of North Texas for decades. It is an established business. I've considered trying to buy it, but have come to the conclusion that I'm most likely not well suited to selling in a retail environment since I just don't have the patience it would require (John C. understands, I'm sure!:~)

This business can be bought. It is for sale. Anyone in the DFW area interested in keeping a viable local supply house for ACVW parts open???

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Knight's was a great place to find almost anything for my Super '74. Please buy it, and keep it open! I would love to help out (but I have no money, I spend too much on the car).

john

oh if it does not reopen where is the next closest place to go for ACVW parts? i'm in plano

Reply to
JOHN KUSTERBECK

When you say "the business" do you mean the business itself is in the price, or is it just the real estate and inventory that's for sale? Is there a URL we can look at?

I could see buying the discounted inventory, depending on what it is, but a walk-in retail ACVW business requires a person with saintly attributes. Can you see me dealing with a 16 year-old who comes in looking for a bottom-dollar, blister-packed way to make his rolling POS Instantly Cool? I'd last maybe ten minutes in the business.

Reply to
J Stafford

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:10:36 GMT, "JOHN KUSTERBECK" scribbled this interesting note:

VeeDub Folks in Irving is a good source and I hear tell of a place in Grand Prairie on Main Street, although I don't know the name. These are so far away from me that I almost prefer to buy via catalog from aircooled.net or Wolfsburg West.

As far as I can make out the business is for sale, not merely the building, land, and inventory. I have the same problem as John Stafford. Scott has a step-son who fits exactly the profile John mentioned. Before he wrecked the car and ruined the engine, he was driving an orange Super Beetle. He had to have a P.O.S. loud exhaust, etc. Granted the car really was a wreck when he started driving it, but he certainly didn't help it any with his kewl aftermarket crap he kept putting on it. And that is exactly the kind of customer I would have no patience with. So, regretfully, I have to pass on buying this business. Although if Jan wants it, I'm certain accommodations for him could be found!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Hmm.... should I ? :)

Nope. We'd turn your ass in to the INS so fast it would make your head spin. Then they'd deport you back to frozen tundra, and flag you as one of them Scandinavian terrorists, come to launch your suicide snow bombs on our great South West, and turn the desert into a giant cross country ski training ground.

As they say in Texas:

We don't like your kind around here, pardner!

:-D

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Hahahahaha

I love you too buddy

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Don Lissin to Alan, Jan,..............He Ain;t normal.....................

A good Neighborhood VW guy is always welcome in Texas..................I think You could probably knock some of the competition out of here if you have the patience for Folks like John and tim too.

This ain;t just a VW parts house either.They have other stuff for other Furrin cars too..................Not much for fiat, though........been there.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Reply to
Marc H.Popek

Who here is? ;)

humm... John & Tim, competition and Knock Out in the same sentence.. yup.. fits like a glove.. The "patience" part threw me off for a while but then I realized it was prolly a typo.

Well that sounds even better.. no Fiat parts.. lol I never did like the idea of selling Legos ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
Ben Boyle

hmm... "there's one born every minute " ;)

lol

If I had the cash, I just might !

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

"Jan Andersson" wrote

Abby Normal?

Aren't WCVWs basically derived from Fiats?

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

Umm not that I know of.