Are These Chrome Wheels Any Good?

Hi all! I want to get 15 X 5.5 steel wheels. Are these chrome wheels any good?

Thanks In Advance!/tia

Reply to
Jim347a

hmmm Chrome wheels from China? 8^o I guess it depends on your climate. I don't think that these wheels would fair well in Chicago! I have seen some reproduction chrome '67 bumpers that rust too quickly here. I guess if you wax them regularly they might continue to look good.

JMHO

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Sounds like they've had issues with the chrome already. Unless you're willing to spend the time to "maintain" them, I'd pass or have them blasted and powdercoated and not worry about rusting for a while. Andy

Reply to
Andy

If so choose the regular painted ones, paint comes off easier when blasted.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

You got that right! I had to blast the chrome off of my 52 Ural M72's wheels and it was a real pain in the rear. Andy

Reply to
Andy

The correct way to remove "chrome", is to reverse the process and pull the plating off. Not a typical hobby setup..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I think I will get the stock painted steel wheel 15X5.5 and spray some clear coat on them. With the 15X5.5 wheels I can get 185/65 R15 Goodyear tires for my Beetle at a local tire store. I can't find the stock 165 15 tires anywhere except the made in China tires online.

my note: they use special hub caps.

Special note about hub cap fitment: With this first production run of the 4 bolt steel wheels, the 4 hub cap nubs which the caps snap onto are a little to large. This makes fitting most hubcaps onto these wheels a problem. All aftermarket caps we have tried do not fit without grinding a small amount of steel off of each nub.

The only hub cap that fits perfectly is our cap number VWC-251-601-151- ASC, click here to view.

DO NOT ORDER THESE WHEELS IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO MAKE YOUR CAPS FIT, OR WILLING TO PURCHASE OUR CAPS, WE WILL NOT ALLOW ANY RETURNS OF THESE WHEELS FOR HUB CAP RELATED PROBLEMS.

my note: sorry about the caps.

Reply to
Jim347a

Reply to