auto trans swap?

Would a auto-trans from a '69 Bug fit a '72 type 3, a squareback? Happy New All!

Reply to
ITMFA

Welllll.........it should bolt together OK.

Personally, I think I'd rather take a good beating :-)

Grab a Bentley manual ('66 - '69) to see what is involved in the autostick.

There would have to be some really compelling reason to undertake a project like that.

My 2p.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

You want a semi-automatic stick to replace a full automatic transmission? Interesting idea but why?

Like Jim said................I am sure you could get it to work given you have good skills in auto mechanics, but why? Gotta get a dual oil pump, change over the linkage, install the pneumatic stuff along with the electrical stuff so you can disengage the clutch.

BUT WHY??

JMHO later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1