back firing on a ghia.

it back fired a coupla times and then wouldn't start. dead battery. after charging it , the motor started and it seems the "gen." idiot light now doesn't glow. All I could find wrong was the battery post connections were not too clean or tight. Could that we the source of the problem? It seems to be running ok , now. what gives?

Reply to
A Veteran

Sounds reasonable. If there wasnt enough energy to fire the plug there would be unburnt petrol in muffler.( Not enough energy if engine was only turning over slowly so generator didnt supply enough energy or batt terminals daggy limited batt ability to supply power) . As soon as batt charged and reliable ignition occurs - petrol in muffler ignites- backfire. Cheers John

Reply to
John