Back in the Saddle!

Got my bug back from being fixed. It was HARD to get myself to pay someone to fix it for me, but the lifting involved in the necessary repairs made it a bad idea for me to do now.

Jenny not only has a smooth ride now, but she accelerates and shifts like new! Much quieter too! Also PASSED INSPECTION! Actually found a place locally that still stocked tires - got two AND they inspected it! Jim (vwFilms.net) thanks for the tire info. Since my inspection ran out 10/31 and the price was within $5 of your price mark I was able to go with this local supplier (I had to call around a bit to find somebody).... the Cooper tires gave me a good starting point.

Just to be ornery she quit giving me her driver's rear turn/brake lights last night... 2 hours after she passed inspection.

The mechanics actually put the engine cover spring back on for me... and did not charge for it! My accelerator pedal now actually has more than 1" of travel... and no longer STICKS! My gear shifter no longer "buzzes"..... They also found the leak in my main brake line (front-to-rear) which, given that it is a ONE ZONE brake system.... was good to fix. (line was rusted through.... actually failed the rest of the way while they were messing with it).

OK, sorry for the long message. Now all I have to do is put the new trunk seal on the car (the kind that goes on the lid), replace the passenger vent wing latch, glue in the carpet and missing side rear interior white vinyl thing under the side rear window, and she will FINALLY be finished! ((Don't tell her, but I was thinking of selling her to finance fixing the Blue Wave. But she drives so nicely now........))

Reply to
KWW

Congrats!!!! New like that makes me get inspired to work on mine again.

Reply to
TerryB