Baja cutting my fenders-one last question:

I can't think of any reason not to cut them on the car.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

and it's a dumb one - can I cut the fenders to new shapes with them ON the car, or do I have to remove them and put them on a table? I know I have to draw patterns on them, but can't I just take a grinder to them while they're still on the car? thanks!! Paul snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
pmbedard

Thats how I just recently did mine (they are F/G though cut off wheel and a DA sander on the bottom edge, didn't even bugger the paint!). It's easier than off the car because they will be stoutly mounted (and in there proper shape). Just remeber to really smooth out that sharp edge when you are done! Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

They're tons easier to do on the car. Otherwise you'll be running around trying to find a way to secure them while you cut.

I'd tape the contour... check it to see if you like it... then sharpie the line... then start cutting.

T.

Reply to
MNAirHead