Balljoint question

How much of a pain in the ass is it to change your own balljoints?? Got a 67 beetle and mine are gettin to the point to replace. is there any special tools i will need and can i do the work myself?? I am a pretty confident mechanic, but have never changed balljoints before. I checked around here to see how much for a shop to do it and the lowest price is 350bucks. Id prefer to do it my self depends on what you guys say on how much is involved. L8r Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Go to aircooled.net, $180 for a set of 4 torsion arms with new ball joints, you can swap 'em out yourself if you're mechanically inclined, I did it a few years back, not "that" hard to do. And much easier to shadetree than trying to press out/in new BJ's. Get yer repair manual out!

JnB

66 beetle still in primer
Reply to
jwnrj

i bought german ball joints from

and took off the armsand a local shop charged $18.00 each topress them in. david

Reply to
David