battery size for '74 super convertible

What is the battery size for my '74 Super convertible? Thank you.

Reply to
Bob

12V.
Reply to
Shag

Thanks for responding. I mean physical size (group number).

Reply to
Bob

Is that the chrome plated kind?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I used to sell batteries, and isn't the correct size type 42? Or have they changed the sizes again?

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

thank you for responding. I have no old battery to check the size (recycled it before noting what size it was.) The charts in the stores don't go back to 1974. I'll look for a group size 42 and measure it and the battery tray. Don't want it to be too tall either because it will short on the seat springs (?).

Reply to
Bob

The old Group 42's used to come with a cap to cover the positive terminal so it wouldn't short on seat springs.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

Group 42.