Batwing stering wheels

Anyone got a pointer to new or reprocution bat wing steering wheels?

Reply to
jjs

I don't, but if anybody would know, it would be John Henry. Track him down and ask him what's up!

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

restored "batwing" steering wheel,correct for 52-55 VW. Price? $450.(The perfect Christmas gift!) Fred67bug

Reply to
Vw67lives

Reply to
Ben Boyle

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Does their work hold up, or is it for trailer-queens only?

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Thanks to everyone who responded. It appears that a batwing wheel is among the endangered species. I won't look any further.

Reply to
jjs

I have one in Felatio, and it should have the 56 and later, so if you are in deare need.....

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

...............Shazzamm Joern !

.....Do you have a 'vert decklid on that '56?

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:29:51 -0500, "Tim Rogers" scribbled this interesting note:

And if you do, how much do you want for it???

John Willis

Nope, but I can get hold of a '60(I Think) if that would help you.. I have to pay for it though....

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

And apparently I'm the only person who noticed Joern said "felatio"?

What have your wives done to you??

(PS Joern, I pulled a bunch of stuff off my old hard drive the other week and found a very interesting picture of you at a car museum or something. :)

Kidd

John C's proof:

Kidd Andersson

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kidd Andersson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m19.aol.com:

That has been the name of his car for many years if my memory is correct, maube a google search is needed

Reply to
insanitize

A couple of years ago I ground out, mixed epoxy, filled, sanded and painted the steering wheel. It has held up without problems. Now, the important parts. First, I used the epoxy from por-15 because it is so easy to work with as it is "water soluble" until it sets up so molding it and working it into all cracks was very easy. Next sanding should be done very carefully as the epoxy will sand faster than the original wheel and it is easy to groove if you are to aggressive (don't ask). I then painted the wheel with por-15 itself. After it dried, sanded the bubbles out and sprayed it black. Worked for me. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik