Bay Window starting problems (need help as I'm new to all this) Fuel? Ignition?

Hi

Just bought a Bay window, had it for about 3 weeks now and it just wont start. It started no problems before, however it would often sputter a bit when you hit the gas, before delivering the power. I thought it was just an ignition/misfiring issue. I am thinking that if it was a misfiring issue then it should at least start/fire up before cutting out.

However now it just refuses to start. The starter motor seems fine, however nothing happens!

My thoughts are now that it is a fuel problem rather than anything else, because the inline fuel filter is empty. Should this have some petrol in?

If so then I am guessing a line is blocked or the fuel pump has decided to crap out.

Any thoughts/suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Happy new Year

Mike

Reply to
monkey boy

Bay window Buses used a variety of engines. I'm guessing you are in UK where the variations were different than US. Let us know the year and which engine/carb (FI?) you have.

Meantime, see the article: "Why won't my engine start?" on my web site.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Hi, take the air filter off of intake ducting if its type4 put a teaspoon or so of petrol in the carb (left one for a type4 ) If its a fuel prob youve got it will use the fuel and fire a couple of times.

Rich

m> Hi

Reply to
tricky