Beetle stops when braking

My '58 Beetle comes to a complete stop when I apply the brakes. Is that normal?

When I turn the little knob between the seats, it gets real hot inside. Is that normal?

Reply to
John Stafford

First question...no. Ive never had one do that.

Reply to
Trey

Dear John,

I'm afraid you've got a dud... it seems that only the Coral colored ones do that, and it is very dangerous... You'll need to get that thing loaded on a truck as quickly as possible to get it gone before it hurts you... hit me up by email for the address where it needs to go....Oddly, my bug has been doing the same as your first problem... it also has this odd tendancy to make a sweet sounding noise when I turn the key doodad... Putting it into first gear and taking off with the slim pedal on the right side of the pedal cluster results in oddly appealing noises, but makes alot of smoke... I'm not sure that's normal either..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Oh no! I don't have a pedal there! Just a little wheel on a stick. It makes the car go fast, too! That's gotta be another broken thing!

It doesn't stutter or stall, either. I tell ya, it ain't normal.

Reply to
John Stafford

What do you do? Put your foot through the hole in the floor and use your shoe to stop?

Reply to
John Stafford

I pull the little lever on the right side of the steering column on my 74 and water magically sqirts all over the windshield without making a sound. Must be some custom add on by the PO

Reply to
Cletus

You have a good heater in your VW huh? That's definitely NOT normal, at least in my limited experience.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Wait...aren't cars SUPPOSED to stop when you brake?

Reply to
Komet17

Oh, sure! Next you are going to claim that VWs aren't supposed to stutter and stumble when accelerating, and they idle smoothly, have good heaters, all that urban legend stuff.

Which reminds me, mine not only has heat, but the defroster channel works. How did I get such a Lemon?

Reply to
John Stafford

I guess it all depends on whose little knob.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Way off the topic here.

John, I screwed up a few weeks ago. Rescued 2 great pyreneese and 2 white labs that had been dumped. Bad shape. Sent the pyrs to a place in OK. Probably should have sent them up to you. Big male, little female. Female was pregnant.

I still have the 2 white labs if someone needs a couple of really nice and sweet farm dogs. They are both female and about a year old. They would rather be petted and loved on then eat.

Located in south central missouri.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

You did what you had to do. If there is a Pyr that doesn't bark without cause (other than to announce that he's on duty), I might take him. Unfortunately, I now live in the village and my neighbor is a total butthead who hates dogs.

Reply to
John Stafford

The place in OK is a good place. Rehab and retrains. The little female pyr never made a sound while we had her but she was in sad shape.

I'll find you a quiet pyr yet. We have 1 but she stays here. Maybe your butthead neighbor needs to move.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I understand. I hope he does not mind me writing this, but our friend Dennis Wik stopped by my place as he was going home a few years ago. He was pulling a horse trailer. I looked inside to see the pony, and almost fainted - there was an old Pyr there, too.

He needs to finish siding his house first. It's been stripped and wrapped in Tyvek for seven years!

Reply to
John Stafford

How was Dennis ? Don't think I've heard from him or seen a post in quite awhile.

Old pyrs are great. Sue is 10+ years old and we just retired her so she is no longer guarding goats. She is now an inside guard and seems to be enjoying it. Took her awhile to figure out the stairs and she's not real fond of the hard wood floors.

Had a big young male pyr show up yesterday along with a little brown dog. Pyr was a pain in the butt and needed to learn some manners. He didn't stick around long but headed off into the woods. Little brown dog would not leave. He stuck around most of the day. Think it was a pit bull something mix. Very nice dog. Taught him basic commands in minutes including hand signals to sit, down and stay. Would have been a good dog to have around as a front yard guard. Very muscular. Didn't bother the chickens or anything. My guard pyrs wanted to kill him and would have if he had gone into their pasture.

Well time to head out and get some "stuff" done this morning. Got a cougar problem going and am going to put out some game cameras and see if I can't get some pics of it and establish it's routine and routes. And just a whole bunch of other misc stuff. Been raining so much the past 2 months that I'm way behind in getting some stuff done.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

We have a widespread cougar problem here in southern California, too. They are caught on camera in Culver City and then are seen all over on Wednesday nights. They are quite comfortable around humans, and their real intentions are disguised until it is too late for their prey to escape.

Guys named Randy are particularly vulnerable to cougar attacks.

-- Randall, AKA Randy

Reply to
Randall

Hey, my first name is also Randall. I wonder if we're related.

Cougar killed one of our llamas not that long ago. A 400-500 pound one. Also took a big baseball sized chunk out of 1 of our great pyreneese.

Spent a little time out hunting today. Coyotes were a problem last night. Coyotes will continue to be a problem as I didn't see any today.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I have no desire to be around a 400 lb cougar. Thats a bad night of drinking there.

Hey, my first name is also Randall. I wonder if we're related.

Cougar killed one of our llamas not that long ago. A 400-500 pound one. Also took a big baseball sized chunk out of 1 of our great pyreneese.

Spent a little time out hunting today. Coyotes were a problem last night. Coyotes will continue to be a problem as I didn't see any today.

Randy

Reply to
Trey

damn... I don't think I could get *that* drunk...LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Llama was 400-500 pounds, not the cougar.

Drink away.

Randy

Reply to
Randy